Yesterday at one of my art classes somebody asked me how to cope with depression. I looked at them going How did you know? Back in the days of college, oh my… I was so excited they asked me, so happy to help and so glad I am not there any more.
Just in case you were wondering how to cope with depression
- Eat. Seriously eat something real, not just doughnuts and ice-cream.
- Go outside, get some vitamin D while the sun is still shining. No gadgets, please.
- Ask for help. Don’t just suffer in silence. It can be a friend or a stranger, up to you.
- Engage yourself in art of drawing, cooking, singing, dancing or knitting.
- Find a Meetup group for something you always wanted to do but never got a chance to actually try.
- Write a letter or card to somebody who deserves it, an old friend or relative.
- Go to public library or city park to people/dog watch. It can be real fun!
Happiness is inside us but we do need contact with others to be our better selves.
I wish you the best of luck in your daily battles!