How to make your day better? Start with a winner morning. I am pretty sure you have heard this before. Well, summer is here which is honestly a perfect timing for kicking off a new habit. Here is a few things I plan to do myself cause you never know… It might actually work 🙂
- Mind your head before minding your feet. It’s Buddhist advice which makes you look in the mirror, comb your hair, smile at yourself and put your thoughts together before you run somewhere doing something.
- Meditate / pray or just sit quietly practicing Zazen for 20-30 minutes. Stay away from watching TV or checking your social media accounts at this point.
- Drink water before you have coffee or anything else. Play some music if you like.
- Have breakfast outside or inside. If you are not hungry in the morning, try to eat half of your meal the previous night saving the other half for the next day. Light dinner will help you sleep better and be hungry the next morning.
- Keep your diary. Look back on what went well on a previous day, what could be done better next time, note lessons learned, plan and prioritize.
If you can do at least three of those every morning you will feel like a champion. Add sports/yoga activities if you like. Be good to yourself, life is too short to skip the best part of your day. Good morning!