Last summer we were in San Francisco twice and I can complain about the laws of my embassy which was the reason of the trip, but not gonna lie, it was worth it!
The city is huge and so diverse, you almost feel like you are visiting at least three different places for the price of one. It’s an awesome destination for visual artists and designers in search of inspiration, students and business people looking for new opportunities, foreigners and locals chasing exotic experiences to die for.
- Chinatown is one of the seven wonders to see, taste, smell and try. Don’t rush through it, be ready for adventure and lot’s of fun here. Have at least 2 hours to waste and trust me they will not be wasted.
- Pier 39 famous for its fat and shiny dwellers is always crowded and free. Enjoy the sea lions and be ready for tons of folks that come and go during the performance.
- Ride a cable car to feel the vibe of public unity in a big city. Lots of people will try to share it with you but it’s unique and fun, I have heard.
- Alcatratz is one of the biggest attractions because everyone wants to see the prison and imagine how they would escape from it, haha. This one needs to be booked in advance.
- The Palace of Arts is a huge architectural achievement built to inspire photo artists, lazy tourists and stray lovers. Walk there before the sunset to get the most out of it.
- Climb the Telegraph Hill chasing the elusive pack of parrots, we didn’t get to see them but you might be luckier. Stunning panorama is guaranteed.
- Golden Gate Park is something not to miss, wear comfortable shoes and an extra coat, you never know how long you would wanna stay there. Japanese Tea Garden is a part of it which is not free but well worth your time.
Transportation is multiple, you can rent a bike, take a bus or get an Uber. To stay somewhere nice and cheap try Air B&B. Be prepared for windy and rainy weather, bring warm clothes because it’s never too hot in San Francisco. Check out Trader Joe’s for snacks and drinks, they offer good price for the value. Explore the city on foot to find something by chance!